- Without login, for living persons nothing but
their name is shown due to privacy protection, not any more details. After
login, however, you are allowed to see, and even to download, also detail
data of living people from certain branches of the total family tree.
- You have not yet got your login data? Please send
a mail via the link “Contact us” on the home page.
How to start?
- Open the home page of the family tree
- Log in by clicking the word “LogIn”
(first word in the column „Other Features“)
- Type user name and password
- Click on the button „Login“
- The easiest start now is to type last name and
first name (at least 3 letters of each) of anybody you know into the
little boxes on the left hand side, below the word „Search“ (lower or
upper case, but please be aware of the fact that also married women are to
be searched for by their maiden name).
- Click the button „Search“; a list of all people
matching to the search options is displayed
- Selection of the searched person from that list
by clickung the underlined name: the Personal
Window oft that person is opened. Starting from here you can click
yourself thru the entire family tree. [Alternatively, in the search results window, you may click on the
little graphic symbol in front of the name to see a survey of ancestors of
the searched person; see below].
- The person’s full name and – if known – birth and
dead year are shown on top. On the register card „Person“ follow in
several data blocks the personal data, parents, partner, and a list of
children, notes and sources.
- Underlined terms and names are links to the
personal window of that person or to further displays (e.g. Group Sheet).
- Click on the registers Ancestors or Descendants
will open a survey of ancestors or descendants, respectively, of that
person in tree format.
Ancestors and Descentants Window
- Initially each box contains just the name (as a
link to the corresponding personal window). Attached to the lower edge of
many boxes a little black triangle may be seen: moving the mouse above
this triangle (without clicking) will open a popup window with more
details of that person.
- Some boxes in the first or last column show a
yellow triangle on the right or left border, respectively: clicking on
this yellow triangle shifts the displayed family for one generation to the
right or left.
- Normally 4 generations are displayed. This may be
changed on the left hand side of the blue bar below the registers.
- In this blue bar you can also select different
display formats (compact, text only, …). This is
predominantly recommended if you want to see more than 4 generations:
Ancestors up to 8 generations as „Ahnentafel“,
descendants up to 12 generations preferrably in
“Register format“, or to create a pdf file for
printing the tree chart.
I ask you: Please check all data of your closer family, and of all
people you know, whether the data are complete and correct, and please send me
all request to correct or to complement data via the link „Contact us“ on the home page.
back to Zerweck Family
(on the top of each page, you
can find a link bringing you back to the home page)